Joseph Notkin, AIA
2015 AIA Alaska President
Our newsletters will be published quarterly in 2015 - This year we are reintroducing THE AIA ALASKA CHAPTER NEWSLETTER as an electronic communication that will be sent via email and posted on our web page 4 times a year on issues and events of interest to Alaska Architects. We are always looking for content and if you would like to pen a piece for the newsletter or have someone who deserves recognition, please
contact me at email@example.com (907-888-4600) or Erik Dukes, Assoc. AIA at firstname.lastname@example.org (907-450-1457).
Our publication deadlines are May 20, July 20 and September 20 for the newsletter this year. Click here for the current issue!
What Architects Do
(Click here for an AIA video guide highlighting the basic tenets of architectural practice)
Qualification Based Selection
Haven't had the opportunity to view the "Understanding the Basic Components of QBS" PowerPoint Presentation provided at our 2013 State Conference, as well as to the CEFPI Conference immediately following ours? Click here! Thank you to the AIA Trust for funding to provide this information, and to the QBS Committee for their efforts.
Design Alaskais looking for an Architect to join our team.
Architect duties typically include:
- Facilitate user meeting to develop programing and discover needs of facilities.
- Site Investigations and writing investigative reports of existing facilities.
- Design building concepts, images, interior designs and visions to meet the needs of the people.
- Detailed design of all occupied spaces and building envelopes to meet life safety and constructability needs.
- Leadership of engineers, specialists and construction contractors for an enduring sustainable structure.
- Construction cost estimating.
- Construction job site inspections and observation.
- Occasional in-state travel for site visits.
Design Alaska seeks these desirable attributes in Architect applicants:
- College graduate with a 5-year bachelors of architecture or a 6-year master of architecture from an NAAB accredited institution, within the last 7 years.
- Commercial/institutional building architectural or construction experience.
- Multidiscipline design project management experience.
Please click on the link to apply: http://www.designalaska.com/careers/join-us
Kumin is a mid-sized Architecture and Interiors firm working on diverse project types throughout Alaska. We are currently hiring to fill a Project Architect position. This is an excellent opportunity for professional growth within an award winning architecural firm. Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years professional work experience in all phases of project design, documentation, and construction administration
- Professional Degree in Architecure and License
- MUST demonstrate proficiency in Revit
- Ability to manage a team and coordinate between disciplines with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, architectural team members, consultants, and contractors
- Ability to multi-task between projects and remain organized
Kumin offers a fast-paced, highly collaberative environment. Benefits package includes medical,, dental, vision, and 401(k) plan. Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and professional references in a combined PDF to email@example.com. Attached PDF submission shall not exceed 5MB
ECI Hyer - a forward-thinking architectural, planning and interior design team committed to excellence in design and service, and has produced award-winning ‘people-places’ throughout Alaska. With over three quarters of our staff LEED accredited we emphasize sustainable Alaskan design.
ECI/Hyer has a fun, creative environment and are dedicated to excellence in design. We offer an extensive benefits package.
We are seeking an entry level intern or junior architect with Sketch-up and REVIT proficiency.
We are seeking an entry level interior designer with a 4 year interior design degree and a focus on commercial design. Sketch-up and REVIT proficiency highly desired. firstname.lastname@example.org | 907-561-5543
Alaska Native Tribal Health Associtation is seeking a full time Assistant Medical Space Planner, preferably an Associate level member or member working towards licensure. Click here for more information.
Bettisworth North Architects and Planners needs Architects/Intern Architects for our Anchorage, Alaska office. For those who are looking for relevance in their professional lives, for a firm that will provide an opportunity to be actively involved in community development, and for a place where your work makes a difference, our progressive firm seeks design professionals for long-term employment. Individuals will actively participate in the firm's collaborative design process, working actively with clients, staff, consultants, and community members in a number of diverse and exciting building and community development projects. Prior work experience and Revit proficiency required. Competitive salary, full benefits. Email resume/portfolio to email@example.com, Attn: Mark Kimerer.
AIA Members and Affiliate Members: As a member benefit, you can post your available opportunities here free of charge. Non AIA members, contact AIA Alaska to learn about how to join as an affiliate member or obtain rates to post your available opportinitues today!
NOT AN ALLIED or AFFILIATE MEMBER?
Click here to discover the benefit of joining AIA Alaska as an Affiliate or Allied Member