Our newsletters will be published quarterly in 2016 - Last year we reintroduced THE AIA ALASKA CHAPTER NEWSLETTER as a Quarterly Electronic Communication that will be sent via email and posted on our web page on issues and events of interest to Alaska Architects.We are always looking for content and if you would like to pen a piece for the newsletter or have someone who deserves recognition, please contact Joe Notkin, AIA 907-888-4600 or Erik Dukes, AIA 907-450-1457.
Our publication deadlines are May 20, July 20 and September 20 for the newsletter this year.
Click here for the current 2016 issue!
What Architects Do
(Click here for an AIA video guide highlighting the basic tenets of architectural practice)
Qualification Based Selection
Haven't had the opportunity to view the "Understanding the Basic Components of QBS" PowerPoint Presentation provided at our 2013 State Conference, as well as to the CEFPI Conference immediately following ours? Click here! Thank you to the AIA Trust for funding to provide this information, and to the QBS Committee for their efforts.
Whatever the distance, wherever the destination—our designs lead you there. Our Anchorage, Wasilla, and Fairbanks offices provide comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of projects. Join our team and help us keep our Alaskan communities connected.
Stantec is seeking an enthusiastic Senior Architect, with an excellent reputation for quality of work and service to the public, to join our group in the Fairbanks, Alaska office.
Click here for details!
ECI Hyer is
A forward-thinking architectural, planning and interior design team is committed to excellence in design and service, and has produced award-winning ‘people-places’ throughout Alaska. With over three quarters of our staff LEED accredited we emphasize sustainable Alaskan design. ECI/Hyer has a fun, creative environment and are dedicated to excellence in design. We offer an extensive benefits package.
Architecture: We have an immediate need for an architect having 2 to 7 years experience with Sketch-up and REVIT proficiency. firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-561-5543
Alaska Native Tribal Health Associtation is seeking:
Assistant Medical Space Planner, preferably an Associate level member or member working towards licensure.
Health Facility Engineer/Architect - Full Time – CBSS
Design Alaska is looking for an Architect to join our team. Architect duties typically include:
- Facilitate user meeting to develop programing and discover needs of facilities.
- Site Investigations and writing investigative reports of existing facilities.
- Design building concepts, images, interior designs and visions to meet the needs of the people.
- Detailed design of all occupied spaces and building envelopes to meet life safety and constructability needs.
- Leadership of engineers, specialists and construction contractors for an enduring sustainable structure.
- Construction cost estimating.
- Construction job site inspections and observation.
- Occasional in-state travel for site visits.
Design Alaska seeks these desirable attributes in Architect applicants:
- College graduate with a 5-year bachelors of architecture or a 6-year master of architecture from an NAAB accredited institution, within the last 7 years.
- Commercial/institutional building architectural or construction experience.
- Multidiscipline design project management experience.
Please click on the link to apply: http://www.designalaska.com/careers/join-us
AIA Members and Affiliate Members: As a member benefit, you can post your available opportunities here free of charge. Non AIA members, contact AIA Alaska to learn about how to join as an affiliate member or obtain rates to post your available opportinitues today!
NOT AN ALLIED or AFFILIATE MEMBER?
Click here to discover the benefit of joining AIA Alaska as an Affiliate or Allied Member